Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Terms

Lately Bene at Benediction Blogs On and Darren at Living Room have linked to this site and have facilitated a little dialog and discussions on this study themselves, which is awesome. Thank you for your thoughts.

They mentioned the use of terms in my study like "Christian" and "non-Christian" being somewhat harsh, and also evangelical or religious in nature.

One of the limitations of my study was the following:

The term "Christian" as used in the survey titles is open to interpretation by the survey takers, and thus it was expected that participants would be from a wide variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to Evangelicals and Protestants.

You can see this evidenced in my March 25th post in the section titled "Denominational Affiliation or Church Currently Attending." Not everyone participating in the surveys were evangelical, not everyone were protestant.

There are more thoughts from some other bloggers here and here.

Sidenote: I think I have managed to fix the archives... but I'm still working on the permalinks. Can anyone out there figure out what I'm doing wrong? I tried to have the archives directly on this page rather than on an archive page, but I couldn't get them to work that way so have resorted to using the archive page. Any help is appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home